"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, February 10, 2012

Oh, All Right

Yesterday I mentioned I had a project that wasn't ready to show yet. Well, it's still not finished, but I've decided that since it won't be for several days, I might as well go ahead and show what I've got so far.


The larger diamonds are Jane Eborall's Fandango motif, which is a favorite of mine. The connecting motifs are just four rings the same size as the ones in the Fandango. The variegated thread is one of Lizbeth's new colorways, Blue River Glades; the solid is Wedgewood Dark.

As for what it's going to be, that's a surprise!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I love this pattern as well.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so pretty - I'm very flattered you like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how perfectly angular the outer shape is in tatting, which by nature is constructed of curves and loop shapes. Jane's design is superb and you've truly done it justice! Will look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete