"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Look What I Found on Etsy!

Browsing Etsy this morning, I came across this unique butter dish made by madhatterceramics:


The individual listing is here. The same potter also has a small tray and a soap dish made from the same piece of tatting. I didn't buy any of these pieces, as they don't go with any of my other stuff, but I thought I should let the tatting world know about them!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely find, and I wonder if he knows a tatter or just found the pattern like it and used it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. The potter is Lady ShuttleMaker - she makes shuttles, tats, and makes HDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Crazy Mom. It's actually a different potter. I do have a couple of LadyShuttleMaker's shuttles and a ton of her threads. It sounded to me like this person just came across the doily in an antique shop. I'm not sure they even know it's tatting.

    ReplyDelete