"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cat and Bird


You are a carnivore. Tigers do not eat cereal.


Or maybe the eating of the cereal was just a detour on your quest to find the magical treats that you are certain can be found in the bottom of the box. Note that the bag containing the actual cereal has now been discarded. And yes, I live in an apartment, so I don't get to choose the linoleum.

As long as the little carnivore doesn't eat any tatted birds, I'll be happy.


This is, of course, my own cardinal that I designed last December. When I made it then, I did it in size 80 to fit on the satin ball; this time I did it in size 20 to hang on its own. Lizbeth 613 Golden Yellow Medium, 604 Black, and 671 Christmas Red.

This is the only one I've made since the original, although several other people have tatted it. What I don't understand is how, in typing up the pattern, I failed to mark all of the ring to ring joins in the oval that makes up the body, AND nobody told me about it! Obviously everyone figured it out, but if anybody wants an updated, accurate version of the pattern, you can drop me an e-mail.

UPDATE: Better yet (quicker and easier for both of us), you can simply go to the My Tatting Patterns page of this blog (http://www.tattingfool.blogspot.com/p/my-tatting-patterns.html) and scroll down to where it says Free Patterns. There you will find the link to download the cardinal pattern.

6 comments:

  1. My cat does the same thing only his victim of choice is Twinkies. He always seems to sense when we get them even when we don't buy them often. He'll get the box opened and pull one out at at time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, our cats box of choice is the pepsi box lol

    I really really like your little cardinal :) great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope hes found whatever he thought was in the box, I like your cardinal and I hope the cat does not take a liking to it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has Vader been at your house or communicating with Squijum? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete