"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Visions of Butterflies


These are Marilee Rockley's "Vision" earrings, done in her "Snowflake" HDT, with these cute little butterfly beads added. This took a couple of tries. At first I thought I should omit a few seed beads due to the width of the butterflies, but it turned out they didn't hang well that way, so I ended up adding the butterflies to the beads in the pattern.

I'll add the earring wires now. I didn't want to scan them with the wires attached. Sure miss my camera....

2 comments: