"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Monday, June 27, 2011

On This Harvest Moon

Once again, tatting has gotten a song stuck in my head. This time it's all Sherry's fault, with her HDT called "Harvest Moon". At least I like Neil Young, so I'm more or less OK with being stuck with this song; when it was "Bohemian Rhapsody" stuck in my head, I was about ready to strangle myself with my own hair.




Here are two patterns by Marilee Rockley. First is the aptly named "5-Petal Pendant". Next is a pair of "Vision" earrngs. Does anyone else see a clown face in this pair of earrings? 
                                                                                                                                  

9 comments:

  1. I do! And I dislike clowns intensely!!!

    I DO like the pendant very much, however. Very pretty and great colour of HDT.
    Fox the Fearful ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the clown face! Fun!
    Your pendant is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahah! I didn't see it until you mentioned it! Now with yellow hair and a big red bead for the nose - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pendant! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on these! And, yes, I've heard the clown comparison on the earrings many times so no surprise there - hope they make you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see it! I see it! I like clowns. (Although there was that one terrifying clown doll in the Poltergeist movie...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw it, the clowns would make them different, someone might like wearing clowns.
    I love your pendant lovely colour.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are pretty! i haven't tried tatting a pendant in light colours so this is inspirational. i'm going to try since i got new thread in this colour! yes, the earrings do remind me of a clown's face! cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clowning around! I see the clown. Now I've got that song in my head. Let in the clowns, where are the clowns.........Love the pendant, too!

    ReplyDelete