"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blogger Layout Question

You may (or may not) have noticed that I switched to Blogger's Picture Window template. I did this because I now have so much stuff in my sidebar that I needed a 3-column layout, and this was the easiest way to get it. If I had stuck with the Simple/ Minima template, I would have had to do a lot of cutting and pasting of HTML. This always makes me nervous, because I don't speak HTML and worry that if I accidentally paste in the wrong spot, my blog won't work, or I'll unintentionally type in the nuclear missile launch code, or something.

So, I've found with the new template that my header is aligned to the left instead of centered. Has anyone using this template found a way to center the header?

3 comments:

  1. That's very strange. I don't have a clue as to what to do, but I will be watching to see what solutions pop up in case I become daring and decide to change my blog. That probably won't happen soon... the last time I changed I lost all sorts of stuff, and never did figure out how to get it back. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miranda! Thanks for the comment on my blog in answer to your question about the Nylon thread I find it okay to tat with no problems with it at all!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have an answer either. I don't find the headers intuitive. You have to fiddle around to get things to fit correctly. I've noticed many people have a header so big it detracts from their blog but it's probablyy because they don't know how to refit it. I decided I didn't have time to mess with it. LOL! I did put one in another blog but I think it's too big - too tall. I want it shorter but just as wide. Most do center the header though.

    ReplyDelete