"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Are You Tired of Looking at This Yet?

I hope not, because I'm not tired of making it yet, and even if I were, I've got a long way to go!

I started out all gung-ho, thinking how great it would be if I could do a set of 8 placemats, matching napkins, and a table runner. Deep down, I knew that wasn't going to happen, but I had my fantasies. My current, much more realistic, goal is to make 4 placemats. I should be able to do that by the end of April. And if I feel like keeping going, I can always add more stuff as anniversary presents or something. Or not.

Fortunately, my cousin has no idea I'm doing this. So instead of being disappointed that I can't do all of my ideas, she can be thrilled that I did this at all.

He always starts out sleeping curled in a ball and ends up like this.

8 comments:

  1. No, definitely not tired of looking at it. Your cat photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, definitely not tired of seeing the glass mat yet!!! That's how my jacket started as a glass mat and then it was going to be a placemat then a trolley cloth and finally after two years it became a sleeveless jacket!!! Small steps. I think the colours are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are far braver than I. LOL! I'd settle on a runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful!
    And your cat,...well he looks like a hoot!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope... I'm not tired of looking at it! I love the colors, and I love seeing the progress you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO! I love what you are doing here!
    Very inspiring.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely not tired of looking at it, I think your work is beautiful! I can't wait to see how it turns out, and I too love the color combination. Love seeing the updates, slow and steady wins the race, if you have the patience to keep up the pace :D (cheesy but true, lol)

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definately not tired of seeing the mat and your cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete