"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Random Ramblings

First, a correction. The butterfly in the last post is called "Nora", not "Norma". Sorry about that.

Diane's blog post today asks, "How did you learn to tat?" There are some very interesting stories in the comments. If you haven't already done so, you should surf on over there and check it out, and add your own story.

While waiting at the Coumadin clinic the other day, I was doing some work on the "Rising Star" doily. When my nurse came out to call me, she got very excited that I was tatting- she remembered her grandmother doing it. Who knows, maybe I can inspire another new tatter.

Finally, most of you know that my other love besides tatting is playing the harp. In case you're wondering what I sound like (and I know you all are), the answer is: not like this! But a girl can dream, can't she? Google "Deborah Henson-Conant" and "Harptallica" to hear more of what I don't sound like.

Off to do some outdoor tatting this afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. Yowza! I used to play a Blues Harp - but not THAT kind! Never heard a harp in blues before..thanks for that!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was cool harp playing, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there - let me know if you DO want to play a little bit of Blues on your harp and I'll post some notes from one of my Blues Workshops on my site somewhere.
    All best - Deborah Henson-Conant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for stopping by, Deborah! I don't think I'll ever be able to rock out like you, but you're certainly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete