"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just Checking In

First off, I would like to say to the miserable $%&*(@#$%@$! who stole my credit card number this week, if you're smart enough and persistant enough to do that kind of hacking, why can't you just get a real job???

Of course, I'm always careful about how I use my card online, but it just goes to show that no security is perfect. Fortunately, my credit card company spotted the fraud right away (maybe the thieves weren't that smart after all- they tried to go WAY over my credit limit) and called me. So I haven't actually suffered any loss, but now my credit card is cancelled and it will take the usual 7-10 business days to get the replacement, so that's pretty annoying.

Progress on the doily has been slow this week due to an odd work schedule, but I hope to get back on track in the next couple of days. Round 7 is indeed taking a while owing to its sheer size. I may have to show you a pic of the partially completed round at some point.

I'm really enjoying making this, and as I work on it, I'm also envisioning it in a different color scheme. I think when I'm done I'll have to do another one for me. Didn't I say I don't have space for big doilies? But I want it so much that I'd be willing to make it just to frame it and hang it on the wall. However, it will have to wait not only until the current one is finished, but also until the size 80 Lizbeth becomes available (soon!).

1 comment: