"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oops! What Would You Do?

Hey, look, it's a bookmark! I haven't posted one of those in a while!


This one is from Jon Yusoff's Sweetheart Set. Visit her blog to buy the pattern; it's in the sidebar. The threads are Lizbeth colors 655, Light Wedgewood, and 656, Dark Wedgewood, size 20. I love the dark one especially; the scan doesn't do it justice, but it's a very rich, vibrant color.

This is a very enjoyable pattern to make (I swear Jon doesn't pay me, I just love her patterns). The josephine rings are such a nice touch.


I made one for my sister for Christmas using Lizbeth's Red Burst, a variegated red like none I've seen anywhere else, with black. I wish I had remembered to scan it before I gave it to her; it was a very striking color combination. This one actually looks nicer though. I think this is one of those patterns that look best in solid colors.

So now for the oops. As I was blocking it, I noticed that I made one chain too short. Click on the top picture to enlarge it; you'll see it about a third of the way down on the left side. If it were just for me, I would definitely leave it alone. But since it's for a gift, should I leave it, or try to fix it? Fixing it would require a lot of ends to be hidden and might end up being more noticeable, but I hate to leave a mistake when it's for someone else. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment